The SFWA Magic Awakens Bundle - Curated by the Independent Authors Committee of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA)
If a smooth sea never made a skilled mariner, then a tranquil world never forged a powerful hero: Meet fourteen budding sorceresses, wizards, and magic wielders of all ages and types as they face horrible threats that force them to confront their nascent abilities and to strengthen their powers and themselves. Then join each character on their own thrilling adventure once the Magic Awakens!
SFWA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting, advancing, and supporting science fiction and fantasy writing in the United States and elsewhere. This year the SFWA Independent Authors Committee had the pleasure of sorting through nearly two hundred excellent books as we narrowed our selection down to these fourteen special stories.
Here are some of the tales that fascinated us:
- In Smilodon by Robert M. Kerns, a young man with no magical skill gets bitten by a were-cougar while hiking and thrust into a leadership position in the were-cat community.
- In Three Wells of the Sea by Terry Madden, a high school English teacher is pulled through a portal to ancient Celtic lands where he must reclaim his throne and save his people.
- In Pawned by Laura Bickle, a New Jersey high school student helps his family run a pawn shop full of cursed objects and ends up caught between the mob and the forces of evil.
- In The Confectioner's Guild by Claire Luana, a young baker is shocked when a customer dies, and more shocked when she faces murder charges in a magical world she doesn't understand.
- In Essence of Chaos by Marie Andreas, a modern woman wakes up in an alternate reality in the body of someone destined to stop an evil invasion, but with no knowledge of how to prevent the slaughter in her new world.
- In A Force of Nature by Janna Ruth, a homeless woman who can see nature spirits must make hard choices when she comes between the elementals she's befriended and the humans trying to protect her city from threatening storms.
– Sherrie Cronin and the SFWA
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you're feeling generous), you'll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- Siena by Zoe Blessing
- Weaver's Folly by Sarah Madsen
- Pawned by Laura Bickle
- Promise Me Nothing by Dawn Vogel
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus TEN more books, for a total of 14!
- Three Wells of the Sea by Terry Madden
- Daughter of Maat by Sandy Esene
- Smilodon by Robert M. Kerns
- Wings Unseen by Rebecca Gomez Farrell
- Bone Traders by Rachel Ford
- Essence of Chaos by Marie Andreas
- A Force of Nature - Spirit Seeker Book 1 by Janna Ruth
- Lord's Dome by E.D.E. Bell
- Weave the Lightning by Corry L. Lee
- The Confectioner's Guild by Claire Luana
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub, .mobi) for all books!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you'll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, tweet us at @storybundle and like us on Facebook. For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.